KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Annual Steam Shutdown: Hot Water is Coming Back!
- •The water is gradually warming up and should be hot by this evening - Fri., 5.24.
- •Towel service will resume by late afternoon/early evening.
- •Thank you for your understanding during this planned shutdown.
- Racquetball Court #3 Closed Indefinitely
- •Due to shattered glass, this court is closed, but is anticipated to be open on June 17.
- •Thank you for your cooperation while it is being fixed.
- Enter the Leave Your Mark Design Contest
- •Submissions accepted April 17 - June 12
- •Open to any KU Student
- •Winning design will be put on wall by the track in the ASRFC
- Play-By 3-on-3 Men's & Women's BB Tournaments
- •Get your team together now for the summer tourney.
- •Registration will be from May 22nd - May 29th.; Play will begin May 31st
- •Register online at IMLeagues.com/KU
- Bikes for Rent in ODP
- •Outdoor Pursuits now has bikes available to rent.
- •Mountain and Comfort bikes are available.
Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center
The Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC) at opened its doors to the KU community in September 2003 and provides a multitude of recreational opportunities. The 143,000 square foot ASRFC is managed by the staff of KU Recreation Services, a unit within the division of Student Affairs. Funded by student activity fees, this $17 million facility consists of the following:
- Administrative Offices
- Aerobics Studio
- Cardiovascular Equipment
- The Chalk Rock - 42 feet high Climbing Wall with Arch and Bouldering Area
- Conference Room
- Golf Simulator
- Gymnasium (six woodcourts)
- Lobby/Lounge Area
- Locker Rooms
- Martial Arts Studio
- Multimedia Lecture Room(s)
- Multipurpose Courts with Dasher Board System (2 courts)
- Floor Hockey
- Outdoor Pursuits Equipment Checkout Area
- Racquetball (four courts)
- Resistance Training Equipment
- Squash Court
- Sport Club Office Area
- Suspended 3-lane Track (running/walking)
- Welcome Center (entrance/equipment)
Phase 1 of the ASRFC began May 2007.
Phase 1 opened December 2008
Phase 1 consists of:
- 4 courts
- 2 racquetball courts
- Current Track extended
- Current Martial Arts Studio relocated
- Free Weight Area extended - current Martial Arts Studio
Check back for updates and additional information!