KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Tired of the same old workout? Join Strength Camp!
- •February 3rd - March 12th
- •Mon., Wed. & Fri. 7 am - 8 am; Cost: $135
- •Limited to first 6 participants; Sign-up in Room 103 today!
- Intramurals Pre-Holiday Basketball Begins Week of Nov. 24th
- •It's Basketball Time!!
- •Tournament will begin the week of Nov. 24th and resume after the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Having trouble with your fitness goals? Check out a Fit4U Assessment!
- •Cost: $15 - Members; $20 - Non-members
- •Sign up in Room 103 today!
- One More FREE Bilingual Fitness Class!
- •French Yoga with Marissa: Sunday Dec. 15th from 1 pm - 2 pm.
- *Class ttaught entirely in French!
- NETA Workshops Coming in Dec.
- •Two workshops will be offered Dec. 7 and 8
- •Sign up for one or both - there is a discounted price if you sign up for both!
- KU Fit Class Cancellations
- •Saturday Dec. 7th Body Pump will cancelled due to NETA training.
- •Friday Power Step 4:30-5:25 pm with Szilvia has been cancelled PERMANENTLY.
- •Monday, 12.4 - Power Step class canceled - Today only!
- KU Recreation Services Mobile App is Now Available for Download!
- •There is a version for both Android (Google Play) and iPhone (Apple App Store) phones.
- •For Android, search for "KU Rec" and for iPhone, search for "KU Recreation Services".
- •Go download this free app today!!
Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center
The Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC) opened its doors to the KU community in September 2003 and provides a multitude of recreational opportunities. The 143,000 square foot ASRFC is managed by the staff of KU Recreation Services, a unit within the division of Student Affairs. Funded by student activity fees, this $17 million facility consists of the following:
- Administrative Offices
- Aerobics Studio
- Cardiovascular Equipment
- The Chalk Rock - 42 feet high climbing wall with arch and bouldering area
- Conference Room
- Golf Simulator
- Gymnasium (six woodcourts)
- Lobby/Lounge Area
- Locker Rooms
- Martial Arts Studio
- Multimedia Lecture Room(s)
- Multipurpose Courts with Dasher Board System (2 courts)
- Floor Hockey
- Outdoor Pursuits Equipment Checkout Area
- Racquetball (four courts)
- Resistance Training Equipment
- Squash Court
- Sport Club Office Area
- Suspended 3-lane Track (running/walking)
- Welcome Center (entrance/equipment)
Phase 1 of the ASRFC began May 2007.
Phase 1 opened December 2008
Phase 1 consists of:
- 4 courts
- 2 racquetball courts
- Current Track extended
- Current Martial Arts Studio relocated
- Free Weight Area extended - current Martial Arts Studio
Check back for updates and additional information!