KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Attn: KU Fit - Power Step 4:30 pm Class Canceled 12.4
- •Today only,Wed., 12.4, the Power Step class has been canceled due to instructor illness.
- •Thank you for your understanding.
- Intramurals Pre-Holiday Basketball Begins Week of Nov. 24th
- •It's Basketball Time!!
- •Tournament will begin the week of Nov. 24th and resume after the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Having trouble with your fitness goals? Check out a Fit4U Assessment!
- •Cost: $15 - Members; $20 - Non-members
- •Sign up in Room 103 today!
- One More FREE Bilingual Fitness Class!
- •French Yoga with Marissa: Sunday Dec. 15th from 1 pm - 2 pm.
- *Class ttaught entirely in French!
- NETA Workshops Coming in Dec.
- •Two workshops will be offered Dec. 7 and 8
- •Sign up for one or both - there is a discounted price if you sign up for both!
- KU Fit Class Cancellations
- •Saturday Dec. 7th Body Pump will cancelled due to NETA training.
- •Friday Power Step 4:30-5:25 pm with Szilvia has been cancelled PERMANENTLY.
- •Monday, 12.4 - Power Step class canceled - Today only!
- KU Recreation Services Mobile App is Now Available for Download!
- •There is a version for both Android (Google Play) and iPhone (Apple App Store) phones.
- •For Android, search for "KU Rec" and for iPhone, search for "KU Recreation Services".
- •Go download this free app today!!
Rock Climbing Wall FAQ
- How do I assess the Climbing Wall?
- Do I need to take Skills Check or an orientation class before I start climbing?
- How much does it cost to climb?
- Can I reserve the Climbing Wall for a special event?
- Can I rent climbing equipment for personal use outside the gym?
- Do I have to have pervious knowledge about climbing?
- Can I use my own equipment?
How do I access the Climbing Wall?
The climbing wall is located on the bottom floor of the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center in Room 1. When you enter the Rec. Center, make your way downstairs. Once downstairs, follow the sign to Outdoor Pursuits, Room #1. All climbers must check in at this location in order to climb the wall.
Do I need to take Skills Check or an orientation class before I start climbing?
The only requirements needed are to sign a waiver and a valid KU ID. If you would like to take a belay clinic, you will have the opportunity to sign up for them in Outdoor Pursuits. Belay clinics are offered Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m., and usually last an hour and a half.
How much does it cost to climb?
No cost involved for Students or Faculty with a valid KU ID.
Can I reserve the Climbing Wall for a special event?
The climbing wall is available for special events, for further inquiries please contact Outdoor Pursuits Program at (785) 864-1843 or firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and pricing.
Can I rent climbing equipment for personal use outside the gym?
Outdoor Pursuits does not check out harnesses, but climbing shoes are available for daily, weekend, and weekky rates.
Do I have to have any previous knowledge about climbing?
You do not have to have any previous knowledge to climb in our gym. We have extremely knowledgeable and well trained staff to assist you with any questions or concerns that you might have.
Can I use my own equipment?
Yes, you can use your own equipment. Upon check in climbers with their own equipment must present it to one of the staff members for a safety check.