KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Annual Steam Shutdown: May 19-24
- •There will be NO HOT WATER May 19-24 in the ASRFC.
- •This will affect towel service, showers, and fluctuating temps in the building.
- •Thank you for your understanding during this planned shutdown.
- Canoe KU Trip Coming in May - Deadline Extended to May 22nd!
- •Trip will take place May 28 - June 3.
- •Float down the Buffalo River in Arkansas.
- •Don't delay, apply today!
- Racquetball Court #3 Closed Indefinitely
- •Due to shattered glass, this court is closed, but is anticipated to be open on June 17.
- •Thank you for your cooperation while it is being fixed.
- Enter the Leave Your Mark Design Contest
- •Submissions accepted April 17 - June 12
- •Open to any KU Student
- •Winning design will be put on wall by the track in the ASRFC
- Play-By 3-on-3 Men's & Women's BB Tournaments
- •Get your team together now for the summer tourney.
- •Registration will be from May 22nd - May 29th.; Play will begin May 31st
- •Register online at IMLeagues.com/KU
- Bikes for Rent in ODP
- •Outdoor Pursuits now has bikes available to rent.
- •Mountain and Comfort bikes are available.
"The Chalk Rock" Climbing Wall
The newly named "Chalk Rock," Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center's rock climbing wall, extents from the lower level of the recreation center to the ceiling (42 feet tall) and consists of six belay lines. The 12 foot tall bouldering wall wraps around two walls and incorporates an arch around two structural pillars. The arch and main wall consist of a free form wall that allows for maximum versatility. Other bouldering panels are preformed panels and climbed mainly by the modular holds.
The climbing wall provides an opportunity for anyone interested in rock climbing to gain experience in a safe, controlled environment. It also accommodates experienced climbers with a place to practice their climbing skills as well as learning new one.
There is no charge to use the Chalk Rock. Only a valid KU ID is needed.
Tuesday and Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters.
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the belay clinic. Clinics are held on the lower level of the ASRFC in the Outdoor Pursuits area.
The rock climbing wall is available for rent by KU groups, as well as community groups. Please contact the Outdoor Pursuits Program at (785) 864-1843 or email@example.com for availability and pricing.