KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Water Outage Mon., 5.20 from 8-10 am
- •Due to testing for backflow, there will be no water available in the ASRFC.
- •Areas affected are: bathrooms, showers, water fountains and laundry service.
- •Please use Robinson for showers and Watkins Health Center for restrooms.
- Racquetball Court #3 Closed Indefinitely
- •Due to shattered glass, this court is closed.
- •Thank you for your cooperation while it is being fixed.
- Annual Steam Shutdown: May 19-24
- •There will be NO HOT WATER May 19-24 in the ASRFC.
- •This will affect towel service, showers, and fluctuating temps in the building.
- •Thank you for your understanding during this planned shutdown.
- Enter the Leave Your Mark Design Contest
- •Submissions accepted April 17 - June 12
- •Open to any KU Student
- •Winning design will be put on wall by the track in the ASRFC
- Canoe KU Trip Coming in May!
- •Trip will take place May 28 - June 3.
- •Float down the Buffalo River in Arkansas.
- •Don't delay, apply today!
- Play-By 3-on-3 Men's & Women's BB Tournaments
- •Get your team together now for the summer tourney.
- •Registration will be from May 22nd - May 29th.; Play will begin May 31st
- •Register online at IMLeagues.com/KU
- Bikes for Rent in ODP
- •Outdoor Pursuits now has bikes available to rent.
- •Mountain and Comfort bikes are available.
Weight Loss Training
Win by Losing
- Rev up your metabolism and your motivation with this group training experience.
- Learn proper form and technique while burning maximal calories in each session.
- Trainers will provide support, guidance and heathy eating tips to help you with your weight loss goals.
- Groups are limited to 6 people to ensure personal attention.
Weight loss personal training in a small group setting will help you "Win by Losing" in the KU Scale Down Challenge. Groups are open to all KU Recreation Services members. The groups will focus on weight loss, providing both cardio and strength training, as well as nutrition tips.
Fees and Sign Up:
$112 ($7/session) for 8-weeks which includes:
- Two- 1 hour Sessions per week
- Pre and Post Assessment
- Weekly Newsletter
Sign up in the Administrative Office of the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center, Rm 103! Payment due at time of sign up. Space is limited.
Starting February 13
The groups will run the weeks of Feb 13 - April 13. No groups will meet during Spring Break - March 18-24. Sign up in the Administraton office, Room 103 at the ASRFC.