KU Recreation Services
Notices & Events
- Leave Your Mark Contest Deadline Extended!
- •The deadline for the Leave Your Mark design campaign has been extended to June 28th.
- •Submit your design today!
- Racquetball Court #3 Closed Indefinitely
- •Due to shattered glass, this court is closed.
- •Thank you for your cooperation while it is being fixed.
- KU Fit Summer Schedule Available Now
- •Summer classes run from June 3rd to July 31st; Monday-Friday
- •$25 for the whole summer or $3 per class; passes are available in the ASRFC office. Get yours today!
- Bikes for Rent in ODP
- •Outdoor Pursuits now has bikes available to rent.
- •Mountain and Comfort bikes are available.
KU Fit Group Fitness
ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certification Preparation Program
The American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certification Preparation Program is designed to prepare students to sit for the ACE group fitness instructor certification or another nationally recognized group fitness certification. With this ACE approved curriculum, offered by KU Recreation Services, students will be engaged in practical application of the materials covered. The course will offer both lecture and movement training, applying theory to practice. Upon successful completion of the program, students will have demonstrated their knowledge and skills of:
- Exercise science
- Participant monitoring
- Communication and instructional techniques
- Class design and development
- Exercise Form and technique
- Basic nutrition
- Motivational skills
Following the course offered by KU Recreation Services, the ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certification; a nationally accredited and recognized group fitness certification, will be offered at the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC). Participants of the group fitness intstructor program will receive a 20% discount on the exam and study materials.
Students who complete the group fitness instructor training program will be eligible to audition for hire prior to taking a certification exam. If hired, a professional group fitness certification will be required within 6 months of hire to maintain employment as a group fitness instructor at KU Recreation Services. Students may choose to take the ACE certification exam when it is held on campus or sit for another certification of their choice.
Costs associated with the program:
|ACE Group Fitness Instructor Preparation Program Fee||$100.00 - Payable in Rm 103 ASRFC|
|ACE Group Fitness Instructor text, study guide & practice test bundle (20% discount)||$100.00- payable online - acefitness.org|
|ACE Group Fitness Certification Exam (20% discount)||$199.20- payable on-line- acefitness.org|
- Payment in the administrative office of the ASRFC (Rm 103), Cost $100
- Study materials can be purchased online at www.acefitness.org or another book source of your choice. Upon registering, you will be given a list of study materials/books that are recommended for the course.
- REGISTRATIONS are open now, first 25 applicants.
- Summer Semester 2013
- CLASSES CANCELLED
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- Group Fitness Instructor Training Information
- ASRFC Room 202
Who is eligible:
- All currently enrolled KU students
- Contact Ben Saathoff at email@example.com or (785) 864-1822.